It's all about the eyes this Autumn...
Tuesday, 9 September 2014
A printed sweatshirt is a must-have this Autumn and this one from Zara is definitely on my wishlist. The plain colour scheme means it will fit perfectly into my wardrobe. Fantasy fur is another huge trend this Autumn and this gorgeous coat from ASOS is an easy way to wear the trend while still being a statement piece. And who doesn't want to wear something pink and fluffy?
I'd wear boots all year round if the weather would let me so as soon as the season begins I've bough a pair of boots and these chunky Chelsea boots from ASOS are right up my street. To finish of the outfit why not try some patterned trousers? Dogtooth are always on trend in the colder months and these trousers from Topshop are easily casual and fancy.
What trend will you be wearing this month?
Saturday, 6 September 2014
I get my love of The body shop from my mum, who could go through a tub of their coconut body butter in a week. Despite not being a big fan of the coconut body butter, The body shop is one of my favourite places to buy cosmetics, selling many things I love.
As well as being strongly against animal testing and being a huge part of the campaign against it for nearly 20 years, The body shop supports community fair trade and works hard defending human rights and being eco-friendly. They are an extremely ethical brand with many good values and also sell some great products at great prices. They are very much guilt free products.
My recommendations include:
- Camomile, Silky cleansing oil, when massaged into dry skin this works great at removing all makeup, even waterproof mascara. Leaves skin feeling really clean and cleansed but is gentle enough that skin still feels soft and nourished.
- White musk body mist, I love this stuff so much! I love nothing more than o bottle of new perfume but sometimes its hard to justify it when you look at the price but The body shop sells a large range of fragrances, all budget friendly. Wether your looking for something sweet and fruity or something a little more musky, theres something for everyone.
- Vitamin E night cream, such a great night cream! As well as waking up with soft, plump skin, this cream helps repair the skin while you sleep so my dry patches disappear and my blemishes begin to heal.
- Amilka leave in conditioner, unfortunately I haven't seen this in a store for a while but if you spot it I really recommend picking it up. It leaves hair so soft and shiny and smells super yummy!
- Vinilla shower gel, this smells so incredibly amazing! It foams really nicely and leaves a lasting scent which is still subtle enough not to interfere with your perfume.
Tuesday, 2 September 2014
I can't help but see the irony in stick thin models walking down the catwalk in clothes inspired by fastfood restaurants, wearing the iconic McDonald's colours, but, I also cant help but like it. Granted you wouldn't catch me carrying a bag shaped as a happy meal box, but a french fries phone case? Well, maybe.
Moschino it's self is a brand I love, an affordable way to own a designer piece, it's genius. Despite some of their collections being a little extreme for my wardrobe, being able to take inspiration from fastfood restaurants and make items of clothing worn by celebrities does show creativity.
Although you wont be seeing an item of 'Fastfood clothing' in my winter wardrobe it's worth baring in mind that some of the items in your wardrobe might be inspired by something you wouldn't expect.
Tuesday, 19 August 2014
Two of the most raved about drugstore foundations in the blogging world are Rimmel's wake me up and Bourjois' healthy mix but what about two very similar foundations from the same brands?
As someone who found Rimmel's wake me up a bit too shiny, match perfection seemed like a perfect
option and it was! It gave just the right dewiness while still looking good around my more oily patches which is great if you're like me and hate using powder. It's staying power was good and lasted all day but it did oxidise a little after too long which left it looking a little patchy. Overall I thought it was a really good foundation which deserves the same amount of hype as the wake me up.
As a lover of the healthy mix foundation I was slightly reluctent to try an alternative, but I wanted to try a matte option and seen as i'm not the biggest matte fan I thought if there was ever a matte foundation to try it would be a Bourjois one. Woah...that was a long sentence, did you get all that? Anyway, despite trying the Bourjois option I still wasn't a fan. I'm just not a matte person and I couldn't get past that. I thought it looked patchy and the matte looked unhealthy. This deffently doesn't live up to the hype of the orginal healthy mix.
- ▼ September (4)